After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cloth Wipes and Toilet Training

Felicity has been potty trained for 4 months now.  She doesn't have accidents anymore and is very reliable.  Along with that, she is very independent.  She wants to take herself to the toilet.  I like that because with three kids, I can't be running in after her all day long.  She knows to call for my help after going #2, but I caught on to the fact that she was running to the toilet to pee, not wiping, and then just jumping down and rushing off to play again.  She couldn't figure out the toilet paper so just nixed it all together!  I haven't had to teach a 2 year old how to unroll toilet paper before because my first born is a boy.  Cloth wipes to the rescue!  I make sure to keep a pile on the back of her toilet anyways since that's where my toilet sprayer is located.  So I just showed her how to grab a cloth wipe, use it instead of T.P., throw it in the wash pail, and go!  She loves this because the foot pedal wash pail is super fun to open and I also sewed her up a bunch of girly cloth wipes, including a few Pooh Bear wipes, her favorite silly old bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment