After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Sunday, September 12, 2010

Big Butt Baby Pants...DONE!

I finally had time to get around to these.  I don't know where I found the time.  I think time was found out of desperation.  Sewing is my therapy.  MY time. 
This first pair is just a practice pair.  I don't love the fabric.  I mean, its fine.  Nothing to speak of though.  But I had it in my scraps and figured if I totally bombed the first pair, they'd make fine pj pants.  There's a few changes I'll make next time.  I love the extra booty panel for my little man's junk in the trunk.  If you want the pattern, check out Made by Rae on my blog list to the right.  Oh, and by the way, by "junk in the trunk", I mean cloth diaper.  This pattern was designed for cloth diapered babies. 

1 comment:

  1. totally genius!! With my first, I was always upsizing her clothes or wearing cotton stretch. Since she is older, jeans fit better but from about 6 months to 24 months, it always looked like we were stuffing her in clothes!! Still, jeans with a lower rise can look really weird on her.

    ReplyDelete