After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Tuesday, October 11, 2011

KCWC Day 2

Today, Felicity's winter PJ needs are now fulfilled.




This is her "baby deer" nightgown.  I was given this flannel from a friend who was destashing.  Its THE BEST flannel I've ever sewn with, and I sew with a lot of flannel.  Its Moda, and I suspect it will hold up for years.  Because of that, I made it as big as I could without (hopefully) making it look too baggy.  I left a bit of room in the neck, left the sleeves as long as I could (Lissy would prefer them a bit shorter), and I left the length long.  I also made the body wider.  This will give Felicity LOTS of room to grow, and knowing how she grows, she could be in this for years.  It'll be a true test on this beautiful Moda flannel.





And here's her whale nightgown.  This one is her favorite I think.  She requested it to be long, like the baby deer one.  So this one will probably fit her for a while too.  My friend found this polka dot flannel, and the rose bud flannel I used in yesterday's sewing, at the thrift store.  She sweetly snatched it up for me, knowing I sew with a lot of flannel, and gifted it to me.  So, these 3 nightgowns I've sewn in the last two days have cost me NOTHING.  OK, I used thread and elastic bought for previous projects, but you know what I mean.  All the little creature patches were made with scraps from my "pockets and patches" drawer.  Thrifty (or free) sewing is my FAVORITE kind of sewing.

5 comments:

  1. AGH! All of these nighties are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love! I think I'd like these for myself if they'd fit! Did you create the pattern or find a tutorial online?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty Jean, its my first self drafted pattern! Well, other than tracing pants. :) But its super simple. Just a basic raglan sleeve, elastic neck, and A shape body.

    ReplyDelete