After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our First Harvest...........

..........was on Saturday!!!!

I made some dough and while it sat.....

...we went outside and picked cilantro, greens,

tomatoes,

nasturtium,

and squash!

Then, while they were still warm from the sun, we took them inside and added them to our dough.




We all ate A LOT that night for dinner, which is saying A LOT when it comes to my kids.
It honestly makes my heart swell to see them enjoy food.
ESPECIALLY food from our yard!

And of course the bunny girls (yes, girls....Bumble Bee a.k.a. Houdini is back) happily feasted on the left overs and discarded bits of garden goodness.

We LOVED eating our first harvest!






3 comments:

  1. what a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, it's a beautiful harvest!! I'm sure it tasted amazing!
    Been thinking of you- hope you're doing well. <3

    ReplyDelete