After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Friday, June 3, 2011

Full

I seem to have neglected my blog a bit recently.  Life has been busy......and full.

My husband had to work out of town this week so we decided to join him.  We've been staying in a hotel and timidly discovering a new city.  I am NOT a big city person so when I say "discovering", that pretty much means finding a Starbucks and a park close to the hotel and only venturing that far without Zac.  :)

Today (after said Starbucks and park) we headed to the pool.
Felicity practiced swimming with her vest.  Last summer, at age two, she was very timid of the water and didn't even want to go in with her vest on.  She preferred one of those boat float ring things.  This was the first time we've gotten her in with her vest on and she took off right away!

She was very proud!

Logan practiced his swimming.  I started teaching him at the end of last Summer and was afraid he'd forget how to swim this Summer since we got to it so late last year.  But apparently its like riding a bike because he didn't forget and is doing great.


He also messed around with the life ring and was generally his very active and excited self.



Kian sat on the edge and splashed around, adding a super cute factor.  :)  He leaned forward a bit too much twice and did a face plant into the water.

Daddy to the rescue.

He also got loved on by his very excited brother.



Tomorrow we head to Zac's parent's house where his sister and our nephew will be visiting.  I can't wait to squish my nephew and soak him up before they move up to Alaska.

Blog friends, blogger will NOT let me leave comments on your blogs!    ???  For weeks now I've tried to leave comments on your blogs about your wonderful sewing, cute kids, amazing gardens, etc, and it just will not let me.  Until I figure out this problem, please know I'm still reading and all of you have posted some amazingly inspiring stuff lately.
I'm still here.  :)

On a sad note, I just heard from my sister that Logan's sweet bunny, Sunset, has died while we've been gone.  Their food and water was full, it hasn't been too hot....there's no explanation really.  I'd love your prayers for my Logan who is a very sweet and sensitive kid.  I have to tell him soon and I'm dreading it.  Just last week we lost Nana and the last year has seen a lot of loss for our family so I am NOT looking forward to tacking one more loss onto that pile.  We got the bunnies to be a thing of joy for the kids.  I'm upset it turned out to be just another loss for him.  Felicity and Kian love all the bunnies, as does Logan, but he had a special place for his Sunset.  He picked her out as soon as he laid eyes on her and he's always babied her.
This will be hard and I'm not looking forward to it.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, sorry to hear about Sunset. It's very difficult to explain death to kids. We've had some troubles with it lately. Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation. Sounds like a nice break to be away and explore somewhere new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like fun! the picture of kian on the steps and of zac holding him are too precious! i need to play with him! hope you have a great time with your fam. it was great to hear your voice the other day, we will have to talk again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny, I am so sorry about Sunset! You and Logan are my thoughts and prayers! Hugs!

    I do love this post, your little red punkin-heads always make me smile! And I know just what you say about not being a city gal. . .
    <3

    ReplyDelete