After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cousins

My sister in law and I wanted to get a group picture of the four cousins together.
They are all under 6.
Yes, we are crazy.

Take one
None of them are thrilled, but no tears yet.

Take two
Cue waterworks

Take three
Cue limp body mode and implement use of Aunt Rachel as a child wrangler

Take four
Give up

So we let the kids run around a bit and I took pics of my nephew in the birthday outfit I made him.

Here's the whole outfit.  It was WAY too big for him.  But he lives in Alaska so no worries, he can wear pants and a flannel lined teething smock all year round and he'll grow into them one day.

Cute cousins.
I love this picture.  :)

Then, miracles upon miracles, the ice cream truck came by, playing its ding dong chime songs.  All the kids were entranced so we quickly scooped them up, lined them up, and snapped away as they smiled and clapped for the truck playing music (they don't know its an ice cream truck).



The ice cream truck driver saw the kids lined up and stopped and waved.  He seemed a bit confused by the scene of smiling kids waiting for him, 2 mom's snapping a million pictures, and no one approaching the truck to buy ice cream.
Hey, whatever works.  :)




3 comments:

  1. Ha! I was an adult before I was finally informed that that bright yellow van that drove slowly through the neighborhood playing "Pop Goes The Weasel" wasn't just a music truck. Thanks, Mom and Dad! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures and all that red hair! That outfit is too cute! Is it your own design? BTW thanks for the comment on the booties, I'm with you. My hubby was dying over them last night, I think I'm on to something here.

    ReplyDelete