After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Monday, September 3, 2012

Felicity's Tea Party

Remember how I said in the last post about Felicity's birthday, that we usually keep things simple?  Well, we do, but you wouldn't believe me after seeing the following pictures.  My two wonderful Mama friends, Cheri and Elisa, and I have been wanting to throw our girls a tea forever.  Finally, I jumped in and said it would happen for Felicity's big fifth birthday, and I started planning.  When bed rest orders were given, we decided the party MUST go on.  By that time, the girls already knew about the plans, talked about it every day, prayed about it, and even had outfits picked out weeks before the event.  There was no question about it.  There would BE a tea!  Elisa had to be out of town so Cheri stepped up to the plate and not only picked up Elisa's daughter and brought her to the tea, but also supplied all the party needs AND came the night before to get it all set up in ADDITION to feeding my family dinner.  Have I mentioned I have amazing friends?!  Ok, ok, I think I added 3 bunting banners, a few hankies, a vintage sheet, and the party favors to her FOUR bags of beautiful vintage wonderfulness.  But there wasn't much I could do for set up except watch Cheri work her magic.  In addition to her two friends coming, Felicity was very excited to have her cousin Audrey in town to join the party.  The girls had a blast, but I'll stop "talking" now and let the onslaught of pictures speak for themselves.
























 
 
I'm so thankful for this amazing girl, her sweet friends and cousin, their 3 wonderful mamas who have all helped me enormously while on bed rest, and for this amazing day that I'm sure my girly will never forget.  Such fun!

3 comments: