After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Friday, September 21, 2012

36 Weeks

Yesterday marked 36 weeks! 

In the afternoon I visited my midwife.  I learned I'd gained 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks on bed rest, am 1 cm dilated, and Arrow is high, just like I thought.  I've been struggling with nausea and was convinced he was squishing my stomach because I could feel that he was high.  I was right.  Logan is my only baby to have dropped before labor started and though I'm hoping for my stomach's sake that Arrow will drop, I'm not getting my hopes up.  I was the last patient of the day and my midwife sat around talking to Zac, the kids, and I for quite a while, just about life.  I LOVE my midwives.  Oh, and bed rest was lifted!  Yay!

So, what did I do on my first day free from bed rest?  Well, I stayed in bed.  Yep, I woke up with a raging head cold and nausea worse than normal.  I'm hoping this passes quickly because I have a special quilt to finish before Mr. Arrow arrives.

In other news, the kids and I were out early one morning trying to catch our runaway (again) bunny who was helping herself to the crabgrass in the veggie garden (at least she chose the nasty weed over the failing veggies).    While out there, Logan picked up a fallen, dried sunflower head and was amazed by the dark black seeds that came raining off it.  Together we clipped a few more dried sunflowers and took them inside.  All 3 kids got to work harvesting the seeds for next year's garden.  I was very happy about this because I have not been able to go out and work in the garden at all.  Seeds have not been harvested, and calendula has gone unpicked.  Papa had requested sunflower seeds from our garden so I'm glad we at least have those now for him.




 And while Logan and I clipped Sunflowers, my two little ones picked this beautiful bouquet for our table.
I've missed my garden!

1 comment: