After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Felicity's Room

Felicity wanted one thing for her birthday, a bunk bed.  She's talked about it for MONTHS.  Thanks to IKEA, we could afford to grant her this wish.  :)  We were happy to do it because she was under the impression that she'd only ever get a bunk bed if she had a sister.  We didn't want her to think that her desires would only be met based on the gender of the baby, so I'm glad her birthday came before baby's due date and she now knows that we wanted to give her a bunk bed because we listened to her, and not just because of circumstances. 

Zac picked up a simple, unfinished bunk at IKEA and painted it white.  The night before Felicity's tea party, he put her to bed in the boys' room, and worked until 2am putting together her bunk and touching up paint here and there.  I came in towards the end and made things cute.  Originally I'd wanted to make her some wall hangings, but of course, those plans had to be nixed.  I did hand sew her some buntings which will hang from her curtains, but they were used to decorate the tea party and are still hanging up.  :) 

The next morning, still in our jammies, we revealed our gift to her.  She was thrilled!  And it was done just in time for 4 sweet girls to play in during the tea party, which they did....a lot.

Here's a little peek into Felicity's room.












2 comments: