After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Saturday, September 22, 2012

Celebrating Kian

Kian turns THREE in a little over a week.  Today we celebrated him, a bit early, so his favorite person, Papa, could be at his party amidst his busy traveling schedule.  I'm glad my mom realized Papa would be traveling around Kian's birthday and suggested doing the party a bit early, because on the way to Grammy's house for his party, Kian specifically asked if Papa was going to be there.  And when Papa drove up, Kian ran straight into his arms.  I LOVE his love for Papa!



 
Kian had a wonderful celebration.  He's just getting over a cold so at one point, when the big kids were swimming, he took some time to himself to spray Grammy's plants in her garden with a spray bottle he'd received as a gift for watering house plants.  But the rest of the time, he kept up with the big kids pretty well.  :)
Here's some pictures from his day.

 A new Mama made backpack just his size, and just in time for an upcoming trek to the hospital.  :)

 I was given a free book coupon from Shutterfly so I made him a book all about himself.  The older two have similar books I've made with free coupons in past years.


Raggedy Kian!
Its a tradition of my Mom's to make all the kids Raggedy Ann or Raggedy Andy dolls that look like them.  She's been doing this since I was tiny.  I loved my first one so much, its head fell off!  I'm glad I don't remember that tragedy.  But as I grew, I was sad that I didn't have one so as my High School graduation gift, my mom made me a replica of the one I'd had as a little girl.  Isn't that wonderful!?  "Jenny", named by Felicity, now resides in Lissy's room next to her own Grammy made Raggedy Ann doll.  Anyways, this year was Kian's year to get his doll and he was VERY excited to have one just like his brother and sister!

 What 3 year old boy doesn't need a Venus Fly Trap?
The kids are pretty excited about Kian's new plant.
So am I!



 He's been working hard to learn how to get those fingers just right!


 There was one major slip up to the day.  Obviously, the silly string war didn't go over well with the birthday boy. 




His day ended with lots of snuggles, jumping on the trampoline, and a pizza picnic dinner in front of a movie that HE got to pick.
He was a pretty happy guy.
And he passed out with his new Raggedy Kian nearly instantly after getting in the car and heading home.
It was a wonderful day!


1 comment:

  1. My little guy turns three next week too and is just as excited about his omi visiting for his birthday. Grandparents have such a connection with little ones! We're going on a ride on a steam train to celebrate. Looks like Kian had a super day! Love the look on his face when he got the doll.

    ReplyDelete