After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bed Rest - Day 2





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Wonderful morning snuggles and loving on baby.

* Treasures left behind to make me smile, including a shell that makes music.

* Gatorade moochers.  "One more sip Mama?"

* A very helpful 7 year old boy who made me a cucumber sandwich for breakfast, cleared my dishes, refreshed my water, and brought me needed things, most of the time without being asked....just doing so because he saw the need.

* Laying in bed listening to my girl singing her heart out in my shower.

* Hand sewing up a storm.

* A hard emotional day, which began with a good cry.  Just had to let out a few fears.

* Moving "making a labor and delivery play list" up to the top of my nesting list so that I had lots of encouraging worship music to listen to as I lay in bed.

* A husband who brought home a new little stock pile of in bed crafting needs from his trip to town.

* Being well cared for, and feeling blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment