After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Quiet

I've been feeling a bit quiet around here lately...again.  I've also been feeling a bit unmotivated.  Homeschooling remains a chore, which is not what I ever wanted.  We will find our way, eventually, I know.  But in the mean-time, its frustrating.  I've also not sewn too much after the big Christmas sewing bomb, but I DID accomplish a little set for a sweet baby whom my friend will welcome this month.  My friend had a Blessings Way party, so I gave her this set then.

The set consisted of a 0-3 month outfit, a taggie, and a pile of cloth wipes.

The pants are "Big Butt Baby Pants" and the pattern can be found on this site.  They have an extra little panel sewn in the back which makes the booty nice and wide to fit a big cloth diaper.  I love these pants, and made quite a few for Kian.  I never made them THIS small though.  They kinda looked funny....HUGE booty, TINY legs.  :)

All ready to go to the party.

After the gift part of the party, we went to a local yoga studio and did some yoga.  It was my first time doing yoga and I LOVED it.  I've been doing it at home all week.  Its so relaxing, especially right before bed. 

1 comment: