After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Friday, January 20, 2012

Old, But New

I made a jumper last year for Felicity.  It was the first time I'd ever sewn something from a pattern, and I used a vintage strawberry print for the pocket.  I was so pleased.  But Felicity didn't want to wear it.  It was too short.  I have since altered that pattern to make it longer for my tall girl, and the strawberry pocket jumper got hung in the closet and ignored.  That is, until last weekend when Felicity wanted to go hiking in a dress.  Zac insisted she needed to wear jeans, and suddenly, I remembered the jumper.  So, with the jeans underneath, and the jumper on top, Lissy felt like she was still kind of wearing a dress, and my jumper was finally worn!!!!


Not only was it worn, it was LOVED.
Happy Mama!
It must be the season for re birthing old forgotten sewing projects.  I made this little......um......creature, last year.  I thought it looked odd, so put it up on a shelf where it was forgotten.  I came across it one day and thought Lissy would LOVE it.  I don't know why I thought differently a year ago. Anyways, I gave it to her on Epiphany, and she was in love.  Its made from an old sweater, and filled with rice.  Before bed, I heat it up in the microwave and tuck it in next to Felicity.  She thinks its the greatest thing since flannel sheets.
So, off we went on our hike....dress shirt, rice baby in a sling....and her jeans.

1 comment: