After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Few Moments From Our Week

Joining in with Jules of a little crafty nest to share a few moments from our week.


I had some time alone with my younger two, who are very fun to observe when it is just the two of them.  Its strange how much the dynamics change when one child is gone.  They are usually all together, all the time, so getting two alone really changes things.  When Kian and Felicity are alone together, they LOVE to read.  They disappeared to Lissy's room for a long time, just going through books.  Later they moved to the couch and snuggled up under a blanket to read together.  They also are very good at creating imaginary games.  I assume these games are led by Felicity as she has a talent for creating imaginary worlds.  I don't remember what they were doing in the box.  I think it was a train.  I was actually kind of trying to leave them alone and not wreak their little world and bonding time.  But I had to peek in every once in a while, because they're just so cute.


Citrus picking at Grammy's has started!!!  She grows THE BEST lemons I've ever tasted.  You can drink the juice straight because it is so sweet.  And can I just say I think Kian has the cutest little behind ever!


I am LOVING that my kids have 14 acres to run around on during the week, when we stay at Grammy's.  Almost every evening, right before the sun sets, I try to get them outside one last time before its dark.  Usually, at that time of day, we just stay on Grammy's driveway to play, since its getting dark.  The kids LOVE having races with each other.  They stand at the top of the driveway, near the shop, and I stand at the bottom near the house.  They race down and as they get to me, I swing them around in the air.  I'll tell you, even after a hard day, swinging them in the air sure does help rid me of lingering stress.  The top picture is of an obstacle course we set up one evening.  They had a lot of fun with that, and even I got a bit of a work out.  :)  The bottom picture is a shot of another game they play.  They take an electrical spool, work together to roll it up to the shop, and then let it go and watch it roll down the driveway to Grammy's house.  Logan likes to get in front of it and dodge it, while the other two chase behind it.  I guess that's how the children of an electrician play.  :)

3 comments:

  1. That picture of Kian picking the fruit is fantastic. His behind is awfully cute! So fun that the 2 younger ones can get so creative together. I am looking forward to Finn and Phoebe actually playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I don't even know what goes on at my own house. The obstacle course was a great idea. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kian, denver, the citrus, and sunset must be framed. love it.

    ReplyDelete