After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Epiphany!

Today we celebrate Epiphany!

The Wise Men have been traveling around our house since Christmas.  Tonight we sang "We Three Kings" one last time while parading the Kings through the house...........


........until they reached the stable where they gave baby Jesus their gifts.

                          


To represent this, our kids opened their stockings......






.....while wearing their crowns.


Maybe next year I'll post on how we act out (for lack of better words) the nativity during the weeks before and after Christmas, ending on Epiphany, in a effort to paint an interactive picture of this miracle for our kids.

2 comments:

  1. Logan is so funny with his passion for orange! Kian is getting so big. You and Zach make the cutest kids. Can't wait to see what the next one looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He loves orange b/c he says his hair is orange, which it is really. He used to correct people when they'd say he had red hair.

    ReplyDelete