After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Friday, December 3, 2010

Handmade Holiday 2010 - Bunny Luv

I devoted many hours to making some Luv Bunnies for some little loves in my life.


Pattern from this site on Etsy.

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable. So I want to know how tricky they really were. I checked out the etsy site and loved so many of them, but I am not sure I am a good enough sewer yet to make a little doll. I am just a beginner, what do you think?
    Also I miss you terrible and hope you are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too dear friend. They are easy to make. Basic sewing skills. They ask to zigzag in certain spots but I didn't do that on my bees b/c I didn't have a machine at that time that could zigzag (I now do) and it was just fine. I don't think zigzag is needed for these having done them both with and without. Its an easy project though. Hardest part is learning how to turn LITTLE limbs right side out, but I can give you pointers on that if you need. And also the last step is sewing the stuffed legs in with body already stuffed. That can be hard but I like a very full stuffed body so if you don't mind a less stuffed body, its easy to sew the legs on. If you get a pattern and need help with any steps, don't hesitate to call me. She embroiders her faces but I don't know how to so I just did machine stitching to make my faces. The eye patches are felt. Lots of love to you 5!

    ReplyDelete