After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Thursday, December 16, 2010

Handmade Holiday 2010 and a "Mama's Christmas"

As this posts, I'm out with two amazing women on a "Mama's Christmas."  We are heading to SLO for shop wondering, food, and whatever else we feel led to at the moment.  A time out just the three of us to celebrate friendship and Christmas.  I am so blessed to have these ladies in my life.  I spent a little time crafting for them over the last few days, which was SOOO fun.  I have so many little ones in my life, most of my crafting has been for them.  Not only was it nice to switch gears, but I KNOW they will like these gifts because they too craft and sew.  I sometimes worry about giving people handmade gifts because I wonder if they'll think it's lame.  No worries with these ladies in that area.  I'm also excited because THEY inspired their gifts.  Elisa wanted a whole L wall.  L, for her last name.  So I made monograms to get her started on her L wall.  Cheri inspired the wrist pin cushion when she explained to me her chaotic pin situation.  Hers comes complete with pins because she NEEDS more pins.  Elisa also got a bundle of fabric blocks for a quilt she's working on for her daughter.  No two blocks are the same so I went through all my scraps and cut her a bunch of blocks.  Elisa inspired the wrapping... drawstring bags.  She dreams of a playroom organized with bunches of drawstring bags.  My wonderful baker husband, Zac, made his famous chocolate covered Ritz peanut butter crackers the other night so each bag contains a small bag of chocolate goodness as well.

Here's some pictures of their goodies;





I am so blessed to have these women in my life who pray for me, comfort me, uplift me, support me, speak truth to me, am patient with my venting, and love and care for my kids.  The three of us have traveled many major life roads together in the last few years.  I have been blessed to have them come alongside me and insist on taking some of my burdens off my back and onto their own.  And I have been HONORED to carry their burdens alongside them.  Thank you Jesus for Cheri and Elisa, and thank you for Your birth which gives me an excuse to craft for them. 

1 comment: