After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Thursday, October 21, 2010

Reusable Monster Bags Done!

3 reusable trick or treat monster bags
Costume for Felicity
Bee costume for Kian

Yea!  I love crossing things off lists.  Even small lists.  Here's my completed bags. 

They were so easy to make.  No pattern used here.  Just creating as I went along.   My favorite way to sew.  These bags cost 70 cents each to make....tops.  Each took two full pieces of felt, a scrap of ribbon from my ribbon scrap box, scraps of felt from old projects for the eyes, teeth, and polka dots, and old shirts and stretch pants for arms and legs.  I love using old beat up or stained clothes in new projects.

 Lissy's monster's limbs were once stretch pants.  I hate stretch pants.  I admit it.  But these were stained hand me downs anyways. 






The boys' monsters' limbs were once Logan's stained shirt.  Instead of being thrown out, they made perfect and free monter limbs.

The candy goes straight into monster's open mouth.

2 comments:

  1. you so totally rock friend! while i sit here trying to think of what i need to get done, you're doing it! i've gotta get my act together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are fantastic, jenny.
    you have the greatest ideas.
    super cute.
    love your resourcefulness as well.
    inspirational.

    ReplyDelete