After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Friday, October 15, 2010

Easy Peesy Lemon Squeezy Baby Doll Clothes

If you have BASIC sewing knowledge, and a little girl who loves babies, you MUST give this a try.  I got the tutorial from Obsessively Stitching, which you'll find on my blog list.  But I still thought I'd show you my pics and a few pointers I learned while doing it. 
You all met "Ugly Naked Baby" in an earlier post.  Well, I decided to give him some clothes.  Using the tutorial, I put an old NB sleeper of Kian's on Ugly Naked Baby, inside out.  Then I pinned around the outside of Ugly Naked Baby.  Then I slipped Ugly Naked Baby out of the pinned sleeper, sewed a line following my pins, cut excess away, hemmed the arm holes, and Felicity had an outfit for Ugly Naked Baby in 20 minutes tops!  So easy and you should have seen her expression!  She was THRILLED! 




I have 2 tips. 
1) Pin your pins in the direction you will be sewing.  This may be a stupid tip but just remember, I'm a self taught sewer.  I learn by trial and error.  Point the pins tip first.  This will make it easier to remove them as you sew.  There's lots of pins so this helps.
2) Make sure the back of the sleeper is nice and smooth before pinning.

Grammy, I guess he's now deserving of his name.  Josh.  No more Ugly Naked Baby in this house.  Ok, I'll admit, Ugly Josh would be fitting.  But at least he's not naked. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this. I have 2 old cabbage patch kids that have no clothes and I was thinking of trying to make them some! This is great! You are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Harmony! You're one stitch machine will do this no problem. :) I'd love to see pics when you do it.

    ReplyDelete