After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Goodbye Summer Garden

This morning, I woke up to my garden looking like this...


But then Logan helped me pull out the Summer plants...


Felicity helped me pick every last tomato...

Kian helped me pick up every last branch...

and our silly dog went behind us like a vacuum, consuming any little red tomato left behind in the process.


Now I have some processing to do...


Logan's compost pile is HEAPING over...


and my garden now looks like this...


Kinda sad and lonely looking, if you ask me.  I'm anxious to get seeds in tomorrow and see if we can get a bit of Fall growing going on before Winter comes.

4 comments:

  1. I think it is so awesome that the kids are always involved in these family projects. It is so good for them. You got so much done - very energetic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, it was a beautiful garden, and so inspiring, what you did with your small bit of land! Really, if only others could see what you saw in their spaces.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jenny! I've been thinking about you! I can't believe the green I see. Here it is a world of white...and already the green seems so far away. I'm sure you are still dealing with garden produce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lovely Garden..congrats! Our summer garden died due to the extreme drought here in Texas but our winter Garden is doing great..yay! Hope you had a nice weekend:) Barefoot mama

    ReplyDelete