After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Wednesday, March 23, 2011

For My Kids' Memory Banks

OK, I know a few of my blog friends can't WAIT for their snowy fields to melt, but give a coastal Californian girl a chance to post a few snow pics too.  :)  It never snows where we live so when the forecast called for snow, my husband thought that was crazy. 
Well, our snow actually started out as hail....or something.....we coastal Californians don't know all those fancy words for snow forms.  We ran outside to dance in this hail like stuff while getting pelted.
Yes I'm in just socks.  Remember, it never snows here.

We just happened to be having a sewing day at my mom's house so I got to enjoy this "snow" with friends.

Snow isn't supposed to hurt right?

OK, so I went in for shoes once the ground was covered.

Zac brought the kids up to my mom's to see the snow since he wasn't too crazy after all and it really didn't snow in our town, but apparently only snowed on my mom's hill and her neighbors' hills, which just made us feel extra lucky.  And by the time the kids came, there was REAL snow falling, verified by my friend who was raised in the snow.

First snow play in her life


Kian kept holding the show in his bare hands and didn't seem to mind.



Felicity ate her weight in snow (which isn't much) and STILL talks about how she loves to eat snow.  This was in February by the way.  I'm just now getting these pics on the blog because I didn't have my camera with me so these are from my mom's camera.




I swear, Logan caught sight of the snow and instantly made a snowball to throw at his Daddy.  Is this an innate reaction to snow for little (and big) boys? :)



Kids, if you read this one day, that's the vineyard across the street from Grammy's property.

And there's Papa's house.

And here's looking towards town.  Grammy's property got an inch or more.  Just enough to play in.

Snow falling on California oranges.  Ironic.

We spent the night and then went out the next morning to take advantage of the lingering snow before the sun QUICKLY melted it away. 



Lissy worked very hard on our snowman and loved him very much.

The boys, on the other hand, were fascinated by the overflowing gutters and showered themselves in the icy water.  I was amazed at the amount of water a roof with melting snow sheds.

By the way, do you notice Kian's "mittens"?  After his fascination with holding the snow the day before, I made him wear socks on his hands.

Yes Bubba, I know it's cold.  Melted snow water is like that.

I know this is a lot of pictures, and it's almost a month late, but I just had to post these.  Hopefully blogs will still be around when my kids are older and they'll be able to look back on this day and see the fun we had.

1 comment: