After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Sunday, April 28, 2013

Eight

Arrow has been screaming a lot lately.  We discovered he had an ear infection, but not before weeks of screaming unless in arms.  On a particular Sunday morning, Zac and I were going about the normal chaotic routine that is getting four children ready and out the door to church.  Arrow screamed.  And screamed.  Zac and I tried hard to keep our patience despite doing everything with a screaming baby in tow, but by the time we got everyone in the car and started down the street, my head was pounding.  I sat looking out the window, zoning as trees passed by, completely overwhelmed.  Logan asked to listen to music.  I did not want to listen to music.  I wanted to bury my head in a pile of pillows and hear nothing for just a little bit.  But how could I say no to his sweet smile?  He was, apparently, completely unaffected by the morning scream fest.  I couldn't say no to his joyful, bouncing smile.  So I turned on my praise and worship playlist and sat back, closing my eyes.  In the back, Logan started to sing. 
 
"Sing with me, Mama!"
 
I did not want to sing.  I was so tired.  I still wanted a pile of pillows to bury my head in.  But I didn't need to look at his face to know there was joy plastered all over it.  I could sense his ear to ear smile, his bouncing legs, his bobbing head.  I'd be the biggest grump to tell my smile plastered on son I didn't want to sing worship songs on the way to church.
 
So I joined him and I sang. 
 "Oh draw me Lord.
Oh draw me Lord.
Oh draw me Lord,
and I'll run after you."
 
As those words exited my mouth, so did all the anxiety of the morning.  Slowly I could feel my blood pressure calm down and a peace fill me.  I was led to the cross by my son.  And let me tell you, its not the first time.
 
This boy of mine, he brings tears to my eyes.  He is the most tender hearted boy I've ever met.  He loves people with a passion.  He finds joy in nearly everything.  He has never woken up a day in his life in a bad mood.  NEVER!  He wakes ready for an adventure, talks too loud because he can't contain his excitement, has boundless energy because his joy constantly overflows, and is the most precious little encourager.  He has an awesome grin and a constant twinkle in his eye.  He sings his heart out even when he doesn't know the words, but will also tell me, "Mama, lets turn the music off while we drive and just talk a little bit."  He is every one's friend and he considers everyone his best friend.  He rarely sees flaws in people.
 
 
 
If I had to pick one word to describe Logan, it would be "Joy."  He smiled when he was a week old, and has never stopped.  He never slept as a baby, but he was never cranky.  Just always happy, smiling, and full of joy.  I pray I can learn to be more joyful, like Logan.
 
 
 
I thank God for this boy and the 8 amazing years I've been blessed to be his Mama.  I'm sure he'll never know how much I wish I could be like him, nor how much I pray he will never loose his joy for life.  Happy Birthday (on the 24th) sweet boy!
 






2 comments: