After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Tuesday, April 16, 2013

6 Months

Someone is 6 months old today!

 
 
And he can sit up!!!
 
 Well, he's still perfecting the skill.  :)
 
He also hates naps, loves to co sleep (a.k.a. "plaster himself to Mama" sleep), is a Mama's boy (he even cries for "Ma Ma"), thinks he's a koala baby because he wants to ride in the Beco on my back ALLLL day long, is still exclusively nursing, is bigger than his sister was when she was a year old (we're thinking he's closing in on 20 pounds but we don't own a scale), loves things that crinkle, gums his fingers but never became the thumb sucker I thought he'd be, is getting interested in our animals, loves the wind in his face, isn't too patient with our "baby vultures" (a.k.a. the siblings), gets kissed on so much that for a month now he's been leaning in for kisses on his own, "asks" for lots of kisses when he's excited or doing something new (how cute is that?!), gets pinched A LOT (we've never had such a chunky baby in the house before and we can't help ourselves!!), makes the MOST pathetic sad face, kicks his feet when he's excited, does not have a special lovey (who needs one when you're plastered to Mama all day long), is wearing 12 month clothing, and has grown a little halo of honey blond hair that I rub my face in constantly.
 
He is a complex little guy who I'm still trying to figure out in so many ways.
He is a joy!
 


1 comment: