After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Friday, January 4, 2013

While I was gone....

......this boy grew!!!!


While I was gone, I also learned I had more blog followers than I thought!  I really thought only my mom really read my blog.  HI MOM!!!  But it was kinda nice to feel missed and told so.  Anyways, I thought my devoted, never leave a comment, blog stalkers may want to see how big our boy has gotten since I've been away.  He was a newborn when I took my forced break, and now he is two and a half months old....a newborn no longer.  So here's some stats on our big guy...

* At 2 1/2 months he's closing in on 15 pounds, staying put at that 90% status he's held since day one.

* He loves to sleep.  Let me tell you, I'm one blessed Mama!  He slept through the night (6 hours) at only 4 weeks old and since he was about 6 weeks old, he's been sleeping 8+ hours a night, waking up in the morning to nurse in bed with me, and then sleeping on for another hour or so.  I'll tell you, its HARD to pull myself away from this warm snoozing sweet piece of heaven after I nurse him in the morning.  And honestly, some days I don't.  Some days I doze next to him and listen to the older three read books, and play with their Leapsters and castle.  I was feeling guilty about this, but then I remembered how fleeting these days are and I literally feel like I'm soaking up these wonderful moments when I snooze with him next to me in the morning.  I know these lazy mornings won't last forever.

* Like his older siblings did, he LOVES his changing table.  He's laying there talking to the decorative mushrooms hanging on the wall as I type. 

* He's a homebody, especially in the evenings.  Dates with baby in tow haven't been too successful because of this.  But that's ok.  If I were a baby, I'd rather stay home and nurse and nap on Mama all evening too.  Can't blame the kid.

* He is a dream baby.  VERY easy.  But man is he a Mama's boy!  Its only recently that others can hold him for any length of time.  And he still won't let the kids hold him.  He slept on them a lot as a newborn but once he figured out he was in a child's arms, he wanted none of it.  We keep trying.  Our poor baby vultures want to hold him so bad.  He also hates when they "pet" his cheeks, which they just can't help but do.  He does, however, like it when they lay next to him and talk to him.  I guess he has a personal space bubble.  I can relate.  :)

* He hates fast movement.  If we're holding him and bend down too quickly, his whole body tenses up and he screams.

* He loves being "worn" in the Moby.

* He likes to stare at things with light/dark contrast on it.

* He wears 9 month clothes.

* Since day one, he has been a grunter, and makes loud nursing noises.  Sometimes he also hums in his sleep.

* He sweats.

* He likes to suck on his fist.

* He hates tummy time.

* He loves to be swaddled.

* He has Mama's eyes, disappearing with the slightest grin. 

* He is adored!

5 comments:

  1. feel like i know him already.
    little ari...we love you here in co.
    you're as big as nicolai already.
    wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Broncos Dude! Thanks Jenny for introducing 2 and a half month old Arrow so well. Love you each.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A favorite outfit in this house. :) Logan very proudly picked out his outfit that day. :)

      Delete