After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Tuesday, December 27, 2011

On Christmas Eve.......











On Christmas Eve,

** we celebrated Christmas, just us 5!

** There was rushing to the tree (by one of the kids, at least),

** lots of noise (I mean music),

** plenty of horsing around,

** a BIG Daddy made breakfast,

** new Mama made PJs,

** a walk (or ride for some) through the neighborhood delivering Daddy made cookies,

** an encouraging church service,

** our traditional stockings and soup (homemade italian sausage soup by me, and homemade corn chowder by Papa...YUM) at Grammy's house after church,

** custom nails by Daddy,

** and lots of togetherness.

A great celebration!

2 comments:

  1. What fun! Does anyone play the drums in your family or are you all going to learn together? Those horses are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete