After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Handmade Holiday 2011 - for the kids

My girlfriends and I have accidentally started a wonderful tradition.  We get our combined 8 kids together for a "Kids Christmas", and later, we leave the kids with their dads, and head out for our "Mamas Christmas".  The Kids Christmas usually involves exchanging simple little gifts, a fun lunch, and lots of play.  This year I made the kids owl ornaments, and my kids designated which one would go to whom.
I only needed 5 but my sister, who is making a bunch, inspired me with her color pairing and I just had to make some purple and grey owls like hers.  So that little purple one is still in the making.

Felicity requested a matching nightgown set for her and Baby Carrie.  If you follow my blog, you know that Felicity is NOT in need of any more nightgowns.  But I couldn't help but fulfill such an easy and cute request.  The girl LOVES her "napdowns", and I have to agree, Baby Carrie WAS in need of one.


And lastly, my kids have been running off with the broom, mop, golf club, baseball bat.....ANYTHING they can turn into a horse.  I've known for months that I wanted to make them each a hobby horse for Christmas.  I stalled on the project, afraid they'd end up looking like dead snake heads on sticks.  Finally I took the plunge, and I'm so glad I did.  I can't wait for Christmas morning!

Felicity's

Logan's

Kian's

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tradition!! Especially the mamas part...
    All of your gifts came out wonderfully. I just love that fabric you used for the nightgowns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely tradition. and, hey, at least she loves the nightgowns, right? very cute. merry christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute horses!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your traditions and the horses are amazing! It looks like you have so many joyful and restful moments this season. Christmas Blessings!

    ReplyDelete