After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pink Baby Carrie

She's done!
And I love her.
I want to play dolls again in the uninhibited way of a four year old.





Felicity asked for a "Pink Baby Carrie" (can you guess what we're reading?) for her birthday.
She's not too babyish looking.
But I hope she fits the bill.
This is the most fun I've EVER had sewing and next week I'm going to order my supplies to start another Waldorf doll for Kian's birthday.
I'm hooked!


6 comments:

  1. that is great! the hair is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo She is So Beautful! We are hoping to make some waldorf dolls this year as well - very inspiring! Which directions did you follow? Book? Tutorial/Pattern?

    RE: Yogurt - sorry to hear about your yogurt drama. Yes, the thermometer must be a little off, because my 180 milk never comes to a boil. Although if it is not raw, it is not important for it to come to 180. You can just get it warm. I've even seen folks put the milk in mason jars, in a hard cooler and fill the cooler with boiling water, shut the lid and leave it for 8 hrs.
    Looking forward to hearing about your yogurt success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, she is so beautiful! You did such an awesome job! And you won't believe this, but the very first waldorf doll I made is also named "baby Carrie" after the Little House books! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie....it must be an age thing...dolls plus Little House books. Looking forward to this 4th year of Felicity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, my yarn looks so good as dolly hair! Your doll is absolutely adorable!! Thanks again for buying it from me!

    Love, MsFledermaus

    ReplyDelete