After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Friday, November 12, 2010

No paintbrush? No worries!



A few weeks ago I wanted to make turtle shells for T week, since we were studying turtles.  I had already cut shells out of large pieces of cardboard when I realized I had no more paintbrushes for the kids to paint their shells with.  I didn't want to give up on the project for such a silly reason so I made these "T-shirt dabbers" to paint with.  Here's how......

Find an old stained shirt and cut the arms off.

Cut the front of the shirt apart from the back.


Fold arms in half and roll each one up.

Place one arm roll in the center of each shirt section.

Gather shirt corners together.  Tie in place right above arm roll and another tie a couple of inches higher.

Dab away.
This kept my kids busy for a while, which is saying a lot because they usually don't like coloring or painting as much as they do crafting.
Oh, and the dabbers MAYBE took 5 minutes to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment