After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Sunday, November 7, 2010

Handmade Holiday 2010 - Logan's Jellyfish

Here's a set of Jellyfish I made for my 5 year old.  We've been watching Blue Planet lately and he really loved the huge orange jellyfish.  Plus, his favorite color is orange.  So I think he'll like these a lot.  They were all made from scraps.  They're special to me because all the rickrack used was left over in my Nana's sewing box and passed down to me when my Papa gave me my Nana's sewing machine.  The little rickrack loops on top are so he can put his finger through it and make them swim.

I can't really put a price on these since they were all made from scraps.  Honestly, I guess in that sense, they were made for free since all the scraps had just been thrown aside after the project they were bought for was completed.  I have issues really......I CAN'T THROW AWAY A SINGLE SCRAP!  But, this project shows there are reasons not to.  And that makes me a happy Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment