After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Grand Tetons

Getting back to recording our trip, after leaving Garden City Utah, we traveled into Wyoming and the beautiful Grand Tetons.

Some early morning traveling in jammies.


Pit stop

We were craving wild life and were REALLY hoping to see some in the Tetons.  Upon arrival in our camp site, I looked over and saw a huge, fluffy, majestic fox that looked about as big as our dog.  Just as soon as I saw him, I blinked and he was magically gone, just like that.  But the vision of him standing in the woods, overgrown with Fall colors, is vivid in my mind.  On our first morning, we headed off to Jenny Lake, and saw this guy sunning himself. 
 
 


Zac and I planned this trip 12 years ago.  He's never really had the luxury of time off, so this trip was put on the bucket list for a long time.  Needless to say, seeing Jenny Lake was one of the things I was looking most forward to and after sitting on that list for 12 years, I was so glad to finally be there.



 I was very much in awe of this amazing place.  Birch forests mingling with pines, ragged black and purple mountains smashing down into a lake so clear I could look deep into, trees running down the mountain side all the way into the water, a sprinkling of rain just light enough to continue to hike through, growth so heavy around the water you never seemed to get a really big chunk of the lake in your vision at once............it was shockingly beautiful.  I didn't have many words while there, and I still really don't.  But I think the pictures speak for themselves.  I look forward to going back one day.  But I am so very thankful for the day we spent at Jenny Lake, sitting by the shore in the rain, hiking the forest trail, and just being in God's amazing creation.
 



 A picture by Logan that I love.
 




 Rain is my favorite.  I'd love to one day see Jenny Lake in full sun as I have a feeling her water would take on a mineral green or blue color.  At least, it did in the few rays that broke through on the day we were there.  But I think it was very fitting to be there in the rain.  Perfect for me.
 



Definitely one of my favorite parts of our trip.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful pictures! Glad you guys got to make it there after planning to for such a loooong time! H. really wanted us to go there this summer but we couldn't make the timing work on our trip. It was hours out of the way and would have added a few more days on to the trip that we just couldn't make work. Hope we don't have to dream about going for 12 years. But if we do I can see it is worth it :)

    ReplyDelete