After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Here We Go Again

Since starting down this home schooling road, we've never taken a Summer break.  Life has thrown us quite a few curve balls over the last 4 years, requiring me to take breaks from schooling the kids at random times during the years.  Because of those random breaks, I didn't allow myself to take a Summer break.  So we went from one "year" to the next without time to prep or take a mental breather...always feeling behind.  I was again planning to school through this Summer to make up for the break we took when Arrow was a newborn, but I was at my breaking point.  I finally told myself I MUST take a Summer break or I was going to completely fry.  Once I faced that, a huge burden was lifted.  Previous breaks were spent coping or healing, not planning for school.  This Summer break allowed me the time to think about our schooling goals and look for ideas, curriculum, and books to help us meet those goals.  I discovered Ambleside Online and spent the Summer learning their methods and preparing to use their plan.  On September 10th, we started in.  It was the worst week of homeschooling yet.  HA!  I can look back now and laugh but in the moment, ensue freak out!  It wasn't hard because of Ambleside Online.  Partly it was hard because we ALL got sick mid week.  And partly it was hard because of concerns I have that I'm praying about.  So, changes are being made as we enter week 2 and we continue on, thankful for the freedom to have our children home with us, even when its hard. 
 Nap School
 
 Almost 4 years old
Pre School
 
 6 years old
Ambleside Online Year 1
 
8 years old
Ambleside Online Year 1

1 comment:

  1. I am so stoked you're blogging again! I can't wait to hear how this school year goes. Even though the first week was tough, I am sure it will all be worth it.

    ReplyDelete