After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Thursday, June 27, 2013

Life Interrupts

I interrupt this color week schedule to say that I'm taking a media fast.   My sweet husband and I rarely fight, but lately, as life has sped up, we have found ourselves becoming short with each other more.  We need to spend more intentional time together, yet we tend to both plop down at the end of the day and "zone" on separate computers.  We want to spend our evenings REALLY together.  We'd like to meet some goals (refine our budget, get the school plan for next year ready, plan a family vacation, home DIY projects, and refine our family routine) and use our evenings together to be intentional in that area.  I do so love this space, and all of YOUR spaces, and I will look forward to coming back here and catching up with you when the timing is right.  Until then, I do plan to keep my Instagram feed going as that's how a lot of my pictures are taken these days.  Easier to pack a baby on my hip with the phone in my pocket as opposed to my big camera.  :)  Anyways, if you'd like to follow my Instagram, you'll find me under "peasncarrotsmama".  Its a private account so just ask to follow and if you wouldn't mind commenting on a photo to just let me know you came via the blog, I'd appreciate it.  Just trying to keep it somewhat protected from the big world, if you know what I mean. 
 
I'm off to be intentional and that starts with a shower while my kiddos rest.
 
Catch you on the flip side.

3 comments:

  1. enjoy your time away.
    i recommend that family trip take place in colorado with free room and board.
    no pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jenny, just dropping by to say hello, we have also found that we need a media break, except for the nights when my husband has class, I will also be offline. I have deactivated my fb account so i do not have your number :) but I'll leave comments on instagram if i need to. Enjoy your family Xoxox

    ReplyDelete