After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Wednesday, March 13, 2013

2000

We were expecting 2000 new pets today!
Before they arrived, the kids helped me shred and cut paper to make them a nice bed.

 This guy supervised.
 
 Next we piled our shredded paper into a bucket and filled it with water.
We squished and squashed the paper, making sure it was nice and wet all the way through.
 
Then we wrung out hand fulls of this paper pulp.
We thought it ended up looking rather pretty!
It also ended up being a great tactile activity.  Right up Kian's alley.
 
 Once wrung out, our paper balls were carefully separated back into strips(ish) and placed in our pets' box.
 

And finally, after arriving in the mail, our new pets were lovingly placed in their new home, on their nice, wet bed of paper mulch.
They were also loved on a bit too.
And may I add, I love that my kids love on worms.
 
We are excited to be vermicomposting once again!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love that Lissy isn't afraid to have worms piled up in her hand! :)

    ReplyDelete