After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Thursday, February 7, 2013

The House is a Mess...

...but we've gotten in two great, FULL days of home schooling.  Today we started The Story of the World and had a lot of fun with it.


Someone rolled over!  He was VERY proud of himself and boy did he ever have the cheering crew.  I have a feeling this little boy will think everything he does is pure magical the way the older 3 cheer him on.  And it IS magical.  And I'm glad the older 3 see that.



He is also getting very good at working those limbs that a week or so ago would just flap around uncontrollably.  He is grasping things, lifting his arms to touch our faces, and I've had to start moving my plate of food back when he's sitting on my lap at the table. 

 
Speaking of magical, there are trays of seeds soaking up sun in the playroom window.


And its ALWAYS a good day when Daddy brings home a load of planting dirt.  Oh the possibilities!



Yes, the house may be a slight mess, but I'm caught up on laundry, and our day was beautiful.  And really, that's what counts.  Maybe I'll clean tonight after the kids are in bed.  On second thought, maybe I'll sew...........................

4 comments:

  1. Everything sounds just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet face he has. It is magical, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys have been having a great time. We use Story of the World too. The kids love it and they listen to the book on Audio often. They have actually listened to all the CDs already even though we are still working through the activities but I don't think it matters. I'm thrilled they are enjoying history so much. We'll be skipping the audio for Medevel His. though as I've heard the church history is a little off but plan on using the activity guide and then using the full program for the other history programs. It's great when you find school books the kids really enjoy and flurish with :) Mess can be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful blue eyes!!! Oh I just love your header picture. Lovely lovely lovely!

    ReplyDelete