My friend had seen a "book mobile" on Etsy a while ago and shared it with me. I took a mental note because I thought, if I could figure it out, I'd really like to make her one. Later, when she announced she was pregnant, I knew I must get busy! So I went to the thrift store, spent a few bucks on some old books with neat covers, good intact spines, and fun pages, and just started experimenting. My first one didn't work out too well. My second was a success though, so I used that method on the book I'd especially picked out for my friend.
Try number 2.
This went to my sister in law Rachael for her birthday.
And here's try number 3, which went to my friend Kim. The pictures are horrible, but it looks like try number 2 in person. I just slacked on mailing it and so didn't take pictures until late one night when I MADE myself package it up so I could take it to the post office the next morning.
Some more tweaking needs to be done to my method though because try number 1, which hangs in my sewing area, kind of melted one hot day. Well, rather, the double sided tape holding the pages together melted. I think I'll try glue on the next one even though that will increase the time it takes to make one by a LOT, due to the drying factor.
I also whipped up my friend's baby a quick taggie, and some cloth wipes to throw in to the package.
Again, horrible midnight photos.