After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Sunday, June 10, 2012

This Week.............

..............ZAC'S BEEN HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ALL WEEK!!!!!  Working IN town!!!!!

Can you "hear" my excitement?!!!!

It is still not permanent, but oh, what a lovely break from having him gone from us all week for over a year now.  How wonderfully normal it's felt!  Completely rejuvenating!

 In addition to Zac being home, the younger two were sick, and Logan was still recovering from a cough he got last week. 
I had to capture this moment.  Logan and I were doing school, and Lissy was camped out on the couch with Baby Carrie.  Kian went and got Baby Twoey and his new FAVORITE book on tractors, and climbed under the covers with Lissy to "read" to her. 
"See the teefs (teeth) Lissy?  The teefs on the buttet (bucket)?  The parks needs ment (cement), Lissy.  See the ment truck?  Dis tractor picks up all da wubble (rubble)."
It doesn't get much sweeter.

Here's a few more sick kiddo pics.  I always wondered why my mom took pics of me when I was sick.  Now I understand.  Sick kids are so pathetically cute.




In addition to sick kids, I've been on an organizational rampage.  I've switched bedding and closets over from Winter to Summer, Spring cleaned half the house, created a new chore routine (more on that later), started a new homeschool routine all our own, set up the Bible Table and a Nature/Calendar Table (more on that later too), gardened (always), Zac and the boys cleared off the deck and moved the wood pile in anticipation for our NEW deck, we had a painter come give us a bid to paint the house exterior, had a window company come out to give us a bid on a few windows, started moving stuff around in preparation for a new little one in the house this Fall, and purged along the way as much as possible.
We have a LOT going on here!!!
Spring cleaning + reclaiming our house after living in it very part time for the last 6 months = LOTS of work!
Now we're off to the L.A. area (gag) for the week to visit Zac's family, including his sister and nephew from Alaska (yay!).  His sister is pregnant and due in October too so we can't wait to see these twin cousin bellies of ours together.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Have fun on your trip Jenny. I didn't realize your sis in law was pregnant with you. How exciting. Hope the kids are feeling much better and up for the adventure. Thanks for sharing your life. Such cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what sweet sick kids. Glad you have had your hubby home for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear. Sick children really are just so incredibly cute! And mine always get very rosy cheeks too. Plus they sit in one place for longer than usual. . . . ;) Seriously though, I am sorry the littles are sick (though they really are so adorable!).
    I am wanting to start a new home school routine too. Sigh- we are always morphing and changing!
    And congratulations on carrot success!! I have difficulty growing them, so I understand!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! and yay for hubby being home!!

    ReplyDelete