After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Thursday, May 17, 2012

Making Pregnancy Insomnia Productive

It seems I have pregnancy insomnia pretty early this time.  I have been annoyed with myself because I haven't used that energy for much other than sitting and zoning out in the quiet house at night.  I haven't even blogged much lately, obviously, though I don't know why.  I've been wanting to sew for Felicity as her Summer wardrobe needs some bulking up, but I think the sheer length of my "to sew list" has hindered me from making much progress on anything other than the diapers I could sew in my sleep.   Last night I was fed up with the beautiful pile of fabric I'd been collecting for Felicity, so I dove in.  Enough over thinking patterns and pairings.  I just got busy!  I started with her request first....a butterfly dress.  And after one very late night, her Summer wardrobe officially had its first Mama made love in it.





1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful dress! I had pregnancy insomnia the whole time with Phoebe and I rarely was productive. I usually just stayed in bed wishing that I was asleep...

    ReplyDelete