After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bunk Beds

Exciting things are happening in the boys' room!

BUNK BEDS!
We were recently blessed with this FREE bunk bed set at a time we were very ready for it.
Kian has recently learned to climb out of his crib.  We only have a mini crib because the boys' room is small and I honestly don't think we could fit a twin and a full crib in there unless one was under the windows.  Living in California ON a fault, you don't put beds under windows.  :)

I knew this change was coming so I meant to take a picture of their old sleeping arrangements but I forgot.  :(  I'll write it here though so I don't forget.  Basically, the mini crib and Logan's bed were set up in an L shape.  Kian's crib had its back to the wall and the head of Logan's bed was next to it against the wall and the foot of his bed stuck out.  This arrangement made them sleep Kian's feet to Logan's head.  One night the boys were having a hard time going to sleep and when I asked Logan what the problem was, he said they just needed to be closer together, "because we're BROTHERS, Mama!"  So I flipped Kian's crib length wise and butted it up right next to Logan's bed, letting them sleep side by side.  They held hands and Logan could put his arm on Kian, and they fell asleep.  A few days later we were having company so I moved the crib back to its normal position so it wouldn't look odd.  Logan was not happy when I put the boys to bed, and asked that the crib be moved right next to him again, "because we're BROTHERS, Mama!" 
One night Logan fell asleep on Felicity's bed with her while I was reading them Little House in the Big Woods.  Kian was having a hard time going to sleep so I again turned his crib into the normal position which allowed him to look out the window and watch the tree in the breeze.  He fell asleep that way and I moved Logan into his own bed, still asleep himself.  The next morning when I went in to get them up, Kian's crib was AGAIN moved next to the side of Logan's bed.  Logan was not awake when I went in which could only mean that he woke up in the middle of the night, found his brother too far away from him, moved the crib with his sleeping brother in it, and went back to sleep happily next to Kian. 
I never want to forget this.
I wish I'd taken a picture.
Don't get me wrong, they bicker and fight and don't share well on an all too normal basis.  But that makes this story even sweeter to me.  At the end of the day, no matter what went on, they wanted to be near each other.
"Because we're BROTHERS, Mama!"

No comments:

Post a Comment